DIY Crinkle Fabric

Weekend activities
Yesterday I went to the post office to send a package to France and in the  late evening I called my mother who lives in different province to ask her how to create fabric crinkle texture by using tapioca flour  I saw my mother did that when I was very young...She was so please that I asked her for advice!  and this is what she told me to do: Put a cup water in a pot. Add 1 spoon of tapioca flour turn on the heat stir repeatedly until sticky dough, then turn off the heat, add  a bit of cold water, dip cotton fabric in  -twist it- then just hang it as it is to dry .
I wrapped it on the doll- the fabric texture is so nice.
I'm going use this technique for cotton fabric to make dresses for my new dolls!I love it.
I wish you all a super great weekend!!
Sophie

Comments